Kindergarten & Pre-School
Kent ME1 2UR
Monday – Friday: 08:00 – 18:00
Drop-Off Directions & Parking
The nursery is located on Arethusa road. We are the first entrance on the right, through double green gates. Coming from the Tidyway, we are the last school entrance on the left.
There are great commuter links to surrounding areas via City Way on the A229.
Car park on site but have limited spaces.
At Kloisters, we provide a stimulating atmosphere where learning is a natural and welcome part of everyday life. We work within the framework which ensures quality of opportunities for all children and their families.
We have on-site parking available for easy access and convenience.
We have CCTV installed within the nursery to ensure the safety and security of all our children and staff.
Meals & Snacks
We provide healthy meals and snacks as well as fresh water and milk. Our menus are seasonal and are certified by a children’s dietician ensuring the right balance of ingredients for the children. All dietary requirements are catered for.
Our outdoor space offers an environment to explore and develop and provides a place where imagination comes to life.
Extra Curricular Activities
We provide fun and interactive extra-curricular activities that the children will enjoy and love, this can include Bilingual Beats, which is our ‘Spanish through music’ lesson, French with The Little Language Academy, Playball Sports and more.
Fees & Availability
Nursery fees are dependent on the age of your child and your specific childcare requirements. Funding options are available, including the government’s 15 and 30 hours funded childcare, and we also accept the Government Tax Free Childcare Scheme and childcare vouchers.
To request pricing and availability, please call us or complete the request a call back form below.
How we learn at Kloisters
- Our baby room offers the perfect place to begin your child’s nursery journey
- We offer as many settling in sessions as you and your child need to feel safe and happy in a new environment. This is the start of us building a long-standing relationship with your family, ensuring secure bonds between child and nursery team
- We offer a stimulating environment and a variety of resources for our babies to explore, develop and discover through play
- We promote sensory play from a very young age, helping children to make sense of the world by connecting what they see, hear, smell, touch and feel
- In our reading corner the children have access to a library of books and stories, music, and rhymes introducing early literacy and communication skills
- We promote movement and balance and focus on early wellbeing awareness and relaxation exercises
- Our toddler room is where our toddlers can thrive as they become more independent and curious
- We feel it is important to offer a range of natural resources and provide plenty of messy play opportunities to encourage learning through creative play
- In our library area we have a selection of age-appropriate reading resources to encourage communication and develop language and literacy skills
- We encourage independence and free thinking by allowing the children to choose and lead activities carefully guided by our practitioners
- We promote physical creativity through music and movement which is key in helping to develop children’s fine motor skills
- We continue to promote early wellbeing awareness and relaxation techniques to help our children understand their thoughts and feelings
- Being part of the local community is important and we regularly take part in local events and support local charities
- Our preschool room supports ‘school readiness’ through a wide range of quality resources and equipment that promote all areas of the EYFS including maths and literacy
- We embed maths and literacy into everyday routines providing opportunities for letter and number recognition
- We give encouragement and praise to our children inspiring them to investigate and be curious of the world around them
- We promote an inclusive environment where we take part in a variety of cultural and international celebrations
- We work on whole body movements to develop large motor skills, co-ordination, balance, and strength
- We provide a dedicated space for children to learn in small groups allowing focus and concentration as our practitioners deliver activities preparing children for their next step into school.
- In our garden children can wander, climb, splash, and run in our educationally designed outdoor learning area.
- Our children have access into the garden and Warren Wood’s school field which is essential for healthy development and wellbeing and our outdoor equipment encourages physical development and challenges
- Our outdoor space allows children to understand and take risks which helps to build their confidence, independence, and eagerness to learn
- Our children are introduced to important life skills and encouraged to try new things through play and exploration, through activities such as role play, water play and investigative play
- We promote a ‘grow your own’ initiative providing spaces in our garden for children to plant their own vegetables, herbs, plants, and flowers
- We use natural materials such as sand and mud to promote discovery and imaginative play
Hi, I am Ashleigh and I have worked in childcare since 2012 where I was fresh out of university. I have worked at Kloisters Day Nursery since January 2016. In that time, I completed a level three qualification and currently undertaking my level 5 in Early years lead practitioner.
I went into childcare to help develop and give children the best start to their life. Ensuring that children develop an understanding of what it is to be healthy and happy in a safe space. I am in childcare to be a role model, a child’s voice and inspire children to be who they want to be.
I first began working in childcare in 2011, completing a level three qualification in childcare as an apprentice. Since then, I have worked in a variety of nurseries across the country, finally joining Kloisters in October 2020. I am currently completing a level 5 early years lead practitioner qualification.
I love working with children as every day is different and I am passionate about giving them the best possible start in life.
Outside of work, I am married with a 7-year-old son and a staffy! If I am not at work, I can usually be found watching my son playing football or spending time with my family.
Our nursery has a lovely family feel which makes it a wonderful place for your child to grow, learn and play. We have a passionate team, who aim to create something special and different, ensuring all children are nurtured, cared for, and inspired with their individual needs in mind.
We have a dedicated senior team who support the nursery management in striving for delivering excellence by enriching home from home environments with an expertly trained team.
All staff complete comprehensive training, further developing their knowledge and understanding of children’s development, covering all key aspects in keeping children safe.
We can provide advice and support for all our families on a vast range of topics by pulling together our combined experience.
Food & Nutrition
Our delicious, healthy and nutritious food is sourced from trusted suppliers. All dietary and religious needs are met.
Our experienced team would love to meet you and your little one, so book a visit today and we will show you everything our nursery has to offer during your own personal tour at a time to suit you.
Join us at our next Open Day
Saturday 20th January, 9am-1pm
Call Back Request
If you would like us to give you a call back at a time which is more convenient for you, please fill in the form below.